Do you ever wondered that why you are not getting enough organic traffic to your blog? Do you ever worked out to find the reason of not getting proper search engine traffic. If not then first, i have to make your mind clear that, the main reason why you are not getting enough organic traffic is lack of On page optimization. It includes many factors, but the main factor of On page optimization is Keyword research which i am going to tell you about in this post. Implement these points while researching for the keywords for your next blog posts to get good search engine traffic. So let’s start.
What is Keyword Research?
Keyword research is an art of finding high searched keywords and later using them in your blog effectively to get good search engine traffic.
You have to take care of many aspects for proper on page seo, so that your article can be ranked further. If you will do proper on page then it is easy to rank your article on first page of Google. So here we start!
How to do Keyword Research
- Firstly go to Google Adword Keyword tool. Then you will find a screen like below
- Now search for any keyword like i am searching for a keyword like ‘download subway surfers for pc’
- Then you will be redirected to a new page there just click on ‘keyword ideas’
- There you will find your keyword and some other related keywords you can use in your blog post.
- You will find a screen like this regarding the number of searches of the keywords
- Now just copy your keyword and your potential keywords you have found in keywords(by relevance) and save them up in a notepad file now the main thing comes.
- Now you have to analyze the competition of the keywords you have chosen for your blog post, to check competition just follow the below steps.
How to Analyze Keywords competition?
- To analyze competition of your keyword just copy it and paste it in Google like i am doing for ‘download subway surfers for pc’ and you will get a screen like this
- You have to install an extension ‘SEO Quake’ to analyze keyword competition
- In the above image you will find that the blogs ranking on the first page have good Alexa rank, page rank, Domain age and everything else, so don’t go with this keyword.
- If you find a keyword having less competition means the competitor’s blog doesn’t have good Alexa rank, page rank etc then you can use that keyword in your blog posts and can easily rank it
- If you will go for highly competitive keywords then you have to hard work during link building to rank that keyword for your article
Now I think you understand how to do keyword research and competition analysis if you have any doubts or queries just post it in the comment section below. I am here to help you.